Reviews of our unique child sized keyboard!
I work in Information Technology at Altoona Regional Health System. We have an employee here at the hospital with Multiple Sclerosis who has use of only one hand, and it’s been very difficult for him to type on a standard size keyboard. His councilor from the Department of Vocational Rehabilitation suggested he try to get a smaller keyboard. I searched the internet for a small keyboard for one handed typists, and came across the site: child size keyboards, where I recently purchased a Childsize Keyboard.
I was told by my Purchasing Agent that you were interested feedback on the keyboard.
The keyboard was put in place on Tuesday, and on Wednesday I spoke to the employee. He said the size of the keyboard is just what he needed. He can easily reach from one end to the other with no problem. He said the keys are a little small, but not so small that it would cause any problem. He also likes the responsive light touch, and the feel of the keys. The placement of some of the keys is different, but nothing he couldn’t get used to with a little practice. He was very pleased.
I hope this response is what you were looking for, and is a benefit to others who might be on the fence about purchasing this product.
Thank you so much for filling a need with a great product.
Altoona Regional Health System
Normal, EXCEPT for:
- One of the few keyboards in the world made for the smaller hand span of a child, or an adult with small hands. The distance from the middle of Q to the middle of P is just under 5 1/2 inches.
- Plug it into any computer, or laptop with the USB plug.
- Very lightweight and tiny, easy to fit into a back pack, or purse (about 8 oz., 10" x 6.75" x 1")
- Made of soft silicone, but on a firm base, not a flexible, blendable keyboard
- No room for bacteria and infection traps. Easy-to-clean, even between keys
- For Left one-handed typing, or Right One-Handed typing
- Built-in mouse/trackball
- Water resistant, so it can be kept sanitary with any "safe for the skin" sanitizer spray.
See how the handspan, as well and footprint, are much smaller when compared to even a small laptop.
- Compatibility: Microsoft Windows System 7, Vista/XP/2000/ME/98. Works well with the Mac, but it does not have an Apple Key
- Language: All the languages compatible with Windows
- Communication: USB1.1 & PS/2
- Dimensions: 230(L) x 150(W) x 10(T) mm
(10" x 6.75" x 1")
- Key layout: 85 keys and 2 mouse buttons, shift keys on left and right
- Protection level: IP68
- Approvals: CE, FCC, RoHS, WEEE & PAHs
The former brand name of LittleFingers is no longer manufactered
All of our customers are equally happy with our other options of Childsize Keyboards - see above.
Occationally I have a new LittleFingers returned to me. Call me to see if we have one in stock.
NORMAL Mini Childsize Keyboards,
for One Hand Typists
and those with Small Hands
2 Types of
One Hand Typing
- Manual on CD (Mac or PC)