Do you need a childsize keyboard for your one handed typist?
- Move the keyboard to be in front of the hip, the same side of the body as the hand they will use to type with one hand.
- Put the good hand on FGHJ, the one hand typing HOMEBASE
- In touch typing you must leave either the F finger, or the J finger on HOMEBASE.
- Leaving the J finger on HOMEBASE, lift up the other three fingers, and see if you can touch the Q key with the F finger.
- Go back to HOMEBASE. Leaving the F finger on HOMEBASE, lift up the other three fingers, and see if you can touch the P key with the J finger.
Designed for adult hands, in a small workspace
|Above: Normal adult keyboard compared to childsize kids keyboard. Shown: Little Princess Pink & Purple Keyboard
||Above: Compact ACK, with trackball. This is a mini keyboard, often mistaken for a chidsize.
Your child may be typing on a normal adult size keyboard, but they are NOT typing well. It is impossible for their smaller hands. But they are training themselves to type poorly as a "hunt and pecker." A habit that is going to be very difficult to break as they get older. You would not ask a child to ride an adult bike. Don't ask them to type to learn to type correctly on an adult size keyboard. They needs a Kid's Keyboard.
|A compact keyboard is excellent for anyone in a cramped workspace, who also needs a normal size.
Adult RIGHT one handed typists will find these useful as we need to push the keyboard over to the right. The number pad on a normal keyboard will not allow us to do this.
|All childsize keyboards are compact. But only a few compact keyboards are child sized, like ours! On a small hands keyboard, the distance from Q over to P is from 5 1/2" to 6". Normal keyboards are 6 3/4"
||The footprint on a standard keyboard is about 18". On a compact keyboard is it 13".
NORMAL Mini Childsize Keyboards,
for One Hand Typists
and those with Small Hands
2 Types of
One Hand Typing
- Manual on CD (Mac or PC)
One Hand Typing and Keyboarding & Resources on CD
($49, plus $7 s/h): On the CD are ...
1) Many versions of One Hand Typing and Keyboarding Manuals: some to practice on screen, and one to print
2) One Handed Office Professional eBook: How To Be The Most Productive Person in Your Office
3) Scores of resources from all of the Internet
Laptops for One Handed Typists!
See least expensive option at Amazon
Free News and Tips For Handed Typists, Teachers, and Parents.
We NEVER give your email out to others ... NEVER. This comes out about 4 times a year, or whenever something interesting comes up.
Need help? Call Lilly Walters